Did you know that your baby’s first three months of life is the most intensive period of growth and development. A baby’s need for energy and protein will be higher at this point than at any other time. To meet this demand, around half of your baby’s total calorie intake comes from fat.
Here are some of the key vitamins and minerals that your baby needs.
- Vitamin A: For healthy skin and eyesight
- B Vitamins: This group of vitamins helps convert food to energy
- Vitamin C: Helps your baby absorb iron and works at producing new tissue
- Vitamin D: Helps calcium to be absorbed from the diet and is needed for healthy bone formation
- Vitamin E: Helps to protect, form and maintain bodycells
- Vitamin K: Helps the blood to clot effectively
- Calcium: Plays a major role building healthy bones, teeth and nerves
- Iron: Needed for healthy red blood cells
- Magnesium: Needed for healthy bones and teeth and helps nerves and muscles function
- Zinc: Helps to support a healthy immune system
Did you know that in a first-of-its–kind university study determined that Dr Brown’s fully vented bottles help maintain levels of important nutrients such as C, A & E. For more information log on to www.drbrowns.co.uk